
Stockman Group has played an active role in restoring, rebuilding and caring for properties that contribute to Christchurch’s ongoing regeneration.
They own and manage over 35 commercial and residential buildings, including office, retail, hospitality, industrial and residential spaces. Across the portfolio, the team takes pride in maintaining buildings to a high standard, providing responsive support and building strong relationships with the people and businesses who occupy them.
Stockman Group’s specialist office portfolio, Above Your Space, caters to small businesses and individuals seeking flexible, furnished and managed office spaces in central Christchurch. Through Above Your Space, the Group brings its experience in restoration, rebuilds and long-term property management into character-rich workplaces that carry the stories of the city’s past into its future.


The 2010 and 2011 Christchurch earthquakes changed the city forever. Stockman Group respectfully acknowledges the lives lost, the families affected and the lasting impact those events had across the community.
In the years that followed, Stockman Group became part of Christchurch’s recovery and regeneration, restoring heritage buildings where possible and creating sympathetic new developments where original structures could not be saved. The following buildings are acknowledged within this wider story of loss, recovery and renewal.


Originally constructed in 1893 for Dunedin clothing manufacturer Glendenning Hill, this building later became part of one of four buildings occupied by the much-loved Strange’s Department Store and was later known as Victoria House.
The building had already endured major change before the Christchurch earthquakes, including significant fire damage in 1908 that led to part of the original structure being demolished and rebuilt.
Damaged beyond economic repair in the February 2011 earthquake, the Glendenning Hill Building was later rebuilt as part of the Stranges Lane development, the first commercial building to open in the central city after the 2011 earthquake.
Built in 1905, Westende House stood on the south-west corner of John Bealey’s 1852 four-acre garden, with a design that complemented the neighbouring Hall of Agriculture & Industry.
The original occupant was a motor and cycle manufacturer, followed in 1908 by the Wholesale Ironmongery of Briscoe & Company Ltd, and later Guthrie Bowron & Co. By 1949, the building had been remodelled into three separate shops and went on to house numerous tenancies.
The original building was badly damaged in the September 2010 earthquake and later rebuilt in 2012. Since then, the new building was acquired by the Christchurch Central Development Unit to make way for city transport improvements.


Designed and constructed by England Bros in 1906, this substantial building reflected the craft and capability of the company, which also supplied the materials through its own building supplies division. KPI Rothschild restored the building in 2004 and received a Civic Trust Award for the work.
Following its restoration, the building housed the Globe Café and four boutique retailers on the ground floor, with Synapsys occupying the entire first floor. The top storey was made up of individual upmarket office suites.
England Bros House was damaged beyond economic repair in the February 2011 earthquakes, becoming one of the significant central city buildings lost to the quakes.